Saturday, July 16, 2011

You are ONE YEAR OLD!

Good morning munchkin.

Where to begin..... It has been so long since I wrote to you I don't know where to start. You have had ALL your firsts, including your birthday. WOW, where has the time gone? I haven't seen you for a week. Your Pops and I came up to Subi last weekend to celebrate your first birthday. What a party. So many people came to celebrate your birth.

Seth, when you get old enough to read this, the main thing I want you to know is that you are one loved little/big boy. If there was one thing I could change, it would be that we lived closer to you.

A few weeks ago, Pops and I came up to keep you so Mommy and Daddy could go to a golf tournament dinner, Mommy worked Friday night, and Daddy was playing golf all weekend so we had you some without them. Saturday night you woke up with a fever of 104.4. You scared your Nanny to death.

I don't remember ever being scared like that when Uncle Brad and Daddy were growing up, although I know I was. But, it was different with you.

Nanny loves Uncle Brad and Daddy. Always have, always will, but I have always been told it is different with your grandchildren. Well, if you are any indication, it is WAY different.

Holding you while you were so hot, it felt like you were going to burst into flames. I have always missed not seeing you, but after that, All I have to do is think of you and I burst into tears. It just brought home to me that we don't see you near enough. I know it is no ones fault and the circumstances can't be helped. It isn't feasible for either your parents or us to just pick up and move. Also, we are about half way between your Uncle Brad and you and Daddy. When Uncle Brad has kids, we will be in the center where we need to be. But, that doesn't keep me from missing you. Seems like I have missed you really bad this summer for some reason. I have no idea why, but I will be glad when you are big enough to come stay a week or so with us.

There are so many things I would love to say and write, but it is almost 2 o'clock in the morning and I have to get up for church.

I will post pictures of your birthday later, but for know just know one thing.

YOU ARE VERY LOVED BY YOUR NANNY AND POPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment