Thursday, May 24, 2012

Daddy's Birthday

I can't believe it has been so long since I have written to you! Time gets away from us so fast and we don't know where it has gone. I started this post to talk to you on a regular basis, since we don't see you that often (because of the distance between where we live), but today I think I will tell you a story about the day your Daddy was born. Someday, when you have a little one of your own, you will see the humor in this. It started on Friday night (May 23rd). I told your Pops that I knew I would have your Daddy before the next day was over, just a Mother's intuition I guess but I was pretty sure it would happen within the next 24 hours. We went to bed and Pops didn't sleep hardly any. I finally told him to go to sleep and I would wake him up if I needed him so he did. About 6:30 the next morning (Saturday, May 24th) he woke me up and said he was going to go rabbit hunting. Imagine that, Pops going hunting! (Since he went hunting the night Uncle Brad was born, this didn't really surprise me.) Around 8:30 I woke up in labor. Pops was gone and I had no idea where he was hunting and no way to get him. I called your Great Grandpa Eudell (he would have loved you extra special and you would have him too) and to my surprise, he told me I would have to wait, he had someone coming and couldn't go get Pops until after that man had left. I ended up calling him several times and finally he sent Uncle Donnie and Brian to get Pops. Well, when Pops came in he wanted to know if I was sure I needed to go to the hospital. I then procede to ask him if he wanted to die, you see I was closer to having your Daddy than any of us knew. Anyway, he took a shower and went to dry his hair when Uncle Donnie told him he didn't have time for that, he had better hurry and get me to the hospital. My contractions were only 2 minutes apart. Way to close for as far as we lived from town. Well, we got in the truck and started toward Hot Springs. What a ride that was. We ran stop lights, passed cars on the wrong side of the road and basically broke every driving law there was LOL and with good reason. When we got to the hospital, we walked through the front door and my water broke. Twenty minutes later, I was holding one of the biggest blessings to ever enter my life. Your Daddy! 9 pounds 8 ounces of pure joy! From that day, I gain a daughter-in-law that I love dearly (your Mommy) and a grandson that holds the key to my heart ~ YOU! Some day you will understand the joy writing this to you gave me. Sharing a part of your daddy's history with you. I hope you like reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it and remembering that very special day 26 years ago. I love you Seth! You are an extention of the love I have felt for your Daddy the last 26 plus years and will continue for eternity. May you have as blessed a life as I have. Nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment